I posted last week about my tattoo, I went in fully expecting it to hurt like a you know what. It hurt, but not nearly as bad as I thought. But what really surprised me was AFTER I had the tat. Here are a few things that I've learned, that no one told me til AFTER the tat was done:
- You have to put "tat wax" (different artists suggest different things for this) on it multiple times a day to keep it from drying out.
- It WILL scab up, it will look gross...it won't look like you wanted it to after about 2-3days....but it's temporary
- It will ITCH ITCH ITCH, and you CAN'T scratch it because it could mess it up.
- It will peel, and peel, and peel and look like the tat is coming off
- You won't know what your tat will look like until the END of the whole scabing, itching and peeling stuff
- It will hurt for a few weeks afterwards, not just when you are getting the tat.